When you’re not in the mood….
I’ll let you in on a little secret: There are just some days when I am NOT in the mood to cook. Typically I’m a batch cooker, spending 3+ hours in the kitchen to prepare lots of meals at once. However, that doesn’t suit my schedule lately, so I’m back to cooking every other day or so, usually first thing in the morning.
I recently learned about a “whole food plant based, no-added-oil” meal delivery service called Whole Harvest, and because I had a $30 off coupon, I decided to give them a try.
But first I spoke to the company and discovered that not only is Whole Harvest working with hundreds of physicians who recommend plant-based diets to their patients, but they’ve also partnered with the likes of many pioneers in the plant-based world, including Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Dean Ornish, and the folks at Forks Over Knives.
My Initial Order
There are many great options at Whole Harvest! Many meals are gluten free, and some are SOS-free (no salt, oil, or refined sugar). Due to the seasonal availability of certain foods, their menu items do change from time to time – which is nice!
The minimum order is 8 meals, but I ordered these ten:
Other Benefits of Whole Harvest
* No subscription is required (although a subscription does save money if you plan to order regularly)
* The meals last in the fridge for 7-14 days, depending on the entree. Most of them can be frozen
* The meals arrive in a chilled box (not frozen), and all packaging materials are recyclable
* All meals are fresh and chef-prepared
* Products have a 5-star rating system, so you can see how others have rated them
Great for Traveling!
Your $30 Off Code